Call for Nominations
Our good friends at ForWhiskeyLovers are pleased to announce (and we’re pleased to help them spread the word about) the Call For Nominations for the 2013 Drammie Awards.
Here’s the relevant info about the awards:
The mission of the Drammie Awards is to put the power of “recognition” in the hands of the whisk(e)y consumer.
The 2013 competition commences with a nominating process where WhiskeyLovers can submit their own nomination(s) for any number of 15 total award categories. The fifteen nominating categories are:
- Best Whisk(e)y Marketing Campaign of 2012
- Worst Whisk(e)y Marketing Campaign of 2012
- Best Whisk(e)y Packaging of a whisky released, or packaging redesigned, in 2012
- Best New Whisk(e)y Related Product
- Best Whisk(e)y Information Source
- Best Whisk(e)y Bar
- Best Whisk(e)y Distillery Tour
- Best Whisk(e)y Distillery
- Most Exciting Innovative Whisk(e)y Producer Bottler
- Most Innovative New Whisk(e)y” released in 2012
- Best Whisk(e)y Value Bang for the Buck
- Most Underrated Whisk(e)y
- Best Blended Whisk(e)y of 2012
- Best New Whisk(e)y of 2012
- Best Whisk(e)y of 2012
Nominations will be accepted until midnight on Friday, February 15th 2013.
Enter your nominations for the 2013 Drammies here.
After nominations are closed, ForWhiskeyLovers will post the top five (5) nominations (those receiving the most nominating votes) for each category on ForWhiskeyLovers.com, and voting will commence to select the category winners. Voting on finalists will be conducted from Monday February 17th until midnight on Friday March 15th 2013.
The 2013 Drammie Award Winners will be announced on Monday April 1st 2013.
Now here’s the relevant info for our readers:
VOTE FOR THE MALT IMPOSTOR IN THE BEST WHISK(E)Y INFORMATION SOURCE OF 2012 CATEGORY
Now, we’re aware we provide entertainment more than easily usable information, so this category may not seem a natural fit for us. But keep in mind: on any general definition of “information”, what we provide clearly fits, even if it is better termed “entertainment”. Do you see an “entertainment” category? No, you don’t. And since we don’t run a bar or a distillery, the choices of category are clear: we are either the Best Marketing Campaign or the Worst Marketing Campaign (but for which whisk(e)y, we are not sure)–or else we belong in the Information Source category. Put us in there. You know you want to do it. It’s so tempting. Just give in. Do it...
OK, that just got creepy. So how about this instead: Please vote for us? If you did, we’d appreciate it.