When the Scotch Malt Whisky Society’s Whisky Extravaganza comes into Boston, we make a point of being there. The Boston Whisky Extravaganza holds a special place in our hearts: it was our very first whisky event and through the years has remained one of our favorite whisky events; plus the SMWS folks are like family to us. Once again, we’ll be the ones with the Groucho Marx glasses having a particularly good time.
Highlights (in the order we tend to experience them):
- Food: The food at the Whisky Extravaganza is excellent, and we eat first so as to put down a good base layer. This is a pro-tip from a bunch of Impostors, so take it as you will.
- Exceptional single malt, Scotch, and unique whiskies from around the world: There are no drink tickets, so think ahead about how you want to attack the event. We recommend that you avoid whiskies you’ve tried before, focusing on the new ones (to you). If you are a newbie, we recommend spending your time learning about a couple of choice brands and saving the rest for another Extravaganza.
- Brand Representatives: The representatives on hand from each participating distillery or brand add appreciably to the enjoyment, mainly by educating, but often by just charming or entertaining.
- Cigars: you receive these as you walk into the event, but since they’re for after the event, I mention them last. They’re a nice bonus, if you’re so inclined.
- Souvenir snifter glass: This one is the kicker, because since it’s not a consumable, you will continue to appreciate it long after the Extravaganza is over.
We’re very pleased to be able to offer your readers a 10% discount on tickets to the Extravaganza. Just use the promotional code EXTD2016 in the promotional code box at checkout.
You can purchase tickets directly from the link below, by visiting www.thewhiskyextravaganza.com. If you’ve finally just had enough of the internet, then you can just call 800.990.1991 (and thanks for making us one of your last stops.
Once again, type the code EXTD2016 in the promotional code box to receive the 10% discount.
All events from 7:00pm-9:30pm. Registration begins at 7:00pm. More details are on the poster below.